Wednesday, August 5, 2009

not quite next day....

I did make three cards on the evening of July 23. Two of them are up on my facebook page, the last two photos on the second page. I am really enjoying working with watercolours as well as stamped images. The watercolours give a different feel to the artwork and the colours so vivid and varied.

I find it most relaxing to play with the watercolours and the images. I sit with my headphones on at lunch at work, listening to (of all things) Days of our Lives while I am applying the colours with my little brushes. I get carried away by the colours and am experimenting with new ideas all the time.

So, the cards on Facebook are my first attempts using the mix of media like this and I will be adding to the collection soon.

It has been sooo rainy in Calgary for the past few days, with a few more days to come of the same weather, that playing with watercolour paints like this is like feeding my soul and creating a feast of colour for my eyes to drink in. Very uplifting!

soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment