Thursday, June 11, 2009

colour, creativity and relaxation

Today the sun is shining and the sky is blue and it is a wonderful day.
In the past couple of weeks I have treated myself to some water colour crayons, brushes,
water colour postcards and water colour paper.

On Tuesday evening I took some of my favorite stamps, old and new, and cut some of my new
water colour paper into different size squares, suitable for all sorts of cards/tags, mini gift cards, etc.

I used my versa mark black ink and stamped designs on each square.

Today, because it is so beautiful outside, I am going to take my wc crayons, papers, brushes, and some water (of course) outside to one of the quiet green spaces on campus and will spend my lunch time painting. By the end of tomorrow I should have some really cool designs to work with that will inspire my creativity to produce all sorts of different cards.

If you are anything like me, you feel a burning urge inside to "create". I drink colours and sounds in when I am outside, whether walking, hopping on a bus, or driving, or just sitting in the sunshine. I sometimes find it difficult to sit still when the creative urge is building inside of me.

I never used to share this feeling with anyone, kept it to myself, until I went to see my Naturopath one day. He is an Iridologist and as he was looking at my Irises, he told me exactly what I was feeling. I started crying because I couldn't believe that anyone could just look at my eyes and know what was going on down deep inside of me. I said that I had these feelings but didn't feel that I could paint or draw well enough to bother trying, and his answer was the best thing for me, and exactly what I needed to hear at that moment.

He said, you have so much creative energy built up inside and you MUST let it out. I don't care what your painting looks like, I just know that you need to let this energy loose.

So, now I do just that. I feel so much better and I get excited about my creations. I haven't really used the wc crayons much, so this is going to be fun. I have never used them to colour in a stamped design before and I am really looking forward to the noon hour today so that I can begin!

When I am happy with the end product, I will take a couple of photos and post them on Facebook.

Cheers and enjoy the day.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment