Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Colours

I found a beautiful summer top on the weekend that has the most beautiful colours set on a white background with a white relief design on it. The colours are all done in such a way that they look like vivid watercolours giving impressions of so many things....plants, flowers, fire....and down one side there are little rhinestones enhancing the feel of the design.

I want to create some cards in this manner.....time to pull out my water colours I think.
I will take a trip to the bookstore today on the campus where I work, and find some cool watercolour paper suitable for putting onto a card and this evening I may just find the creative energy to produce some cool cards.

Now my creative juices are beginning to flow. If I create some cool backgrounds, once the paint is dry, I can use some favorite stamps (and some new stamps) and some black ink to stamp over top.

I bought a wonderful set of acrylic stamps a couple of months ago that are flowers, and wreaths and different groupings of flowers that would be perfect on a backdrop like this.

I am wearing this top today so that I can drink in the colours throughout the day, giving me more inspiration.

Now I am so excited, it is too bad that I have to be at work all day, and the day has just begun. It is only 8:30 am. I won't be free to go paint for eight more hours....

I will look at this time as necessary to absorb all the colours in my top and play with them in my mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment